Water Treatment Biocides
THPS 75% Email:email@example.com
For Industrial Water Treatment Applications
Chemical Name: Tetrakis(hydroxymethyl)phosphonium sulfate(THPS)
CAS Number: 55566-30-8
THPS 75% Water Treatment Microbiocide is a broad-spectrum biocide developed to inhibit the growth of algae, bacteria, yeasts and fungi in process waters used in various industrial applications. THPS-75 is effective in both acid and alkaline environments. It is especially effective against sulfate-reducing bacteria (SRB) which are particularly troublesome in enhanced oil recovery operations, such as injection water treatment, top-side systems, pipeline protection and storage.
These properties are typical but do not constitute specifications
Clear, colorless to yellow liquid
Total P content
Specific Gravity (g/ml)
1.37 - 1.41 at 25°C
Special Features and Benefits
Inhibits microbial growth in enhanced oil recovery systems, industrial recirculating cooling waters, and non-food contact paper manufacturing.
• Broad spectrum biocide against a range of bacteria, especially sulfate reducing bacteria (SRB), and algae (blue-green, green and other types such as yellow-green, brown and mustard algae).
• Miscible in all proportions with every type of water, including seawater.
• Is readily deactivated under controlled conditions.
• No organic solvents / aqueous formulation.
• Outstanding chemical stability and good compatibility with most water treatment chemicals.
250Kg per drum or 1250Kg per IBC drum.